Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ugly

Ok, my first prototype is done and let me tell you, its ugly. Your prototype will be ugly too. Prettyness is not the point of this exercise. The point is to create a mockup, so companies that are paid to make products for you can make it pretty. Mine was made up of a combination poster board, tape, tape, tape and tape. Packaging tape became my friend this go around.

My next step is a critique of my product from an actual user I would be targeting. Hopefully I will see him at the end of the week and get his take on my first mock-up. Again the importance of a mock-up was shown when I created it. I changed some design schemes on it to make it easier to use and make things more consistent.

Next I will start doing a search for companies that can create my product. That will be the next post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home