Saturday, March 7, 2009

Provisional Patent Application

So in order to protect my idea, I think I am going to file a provisional patent application. I am trying to find the forms to fill out and send in. I beleive its $100 to file the provisional which gives you 12 months of "patent pending" protection for your product. Trying to figure out which form to fill out is difficult at best. Also see that I need to have a friend provide drawings for me. If not I supposed I could get out the paper and pen and do it by hand. I have considered using a service like legal zoom to file it for me. Might just be easier but of course increases my out of pocket. Theoretically it will be done right. Has anyone used a service like this?

Here is the forms for provisional patent applications:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/forms/index.html#startforms
PTO/SB/16 is the form you want.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home