Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Last Lecture

“Experience is what you get when you don’t get what you wanted.”

This quote is from Randy Pausch, a professor at Carnegie Mellon who passed away in 2008 from liver cancer. He is well known for his lecture, Last Lecture: Achieving your Childhood Dreams. Randy is the consummate teacher. As someone who at the time of the lecture, had 6 months to live, shared his experiences, dreams and accomplishments.

To often, our lack of knowledge keeps us from starting something we know nothing about. That is what I am trying to do, share my successes and my failures so that we can learn from it. In some respects I wish I had a high powered VC to walk me through starting a business. In other respects, how would I ever learn if I didn’t do it myself.

Even if I never do this again, the depth of experience gives you insights no one else has. It helps us know the right questions to ask, whether in a normal 9-5 job, or if we outsource our next business. If you ever have anything to share, please feel free to post a comment, as I think everyone can learn from those comments.



FTPress.com (Pearson Education)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home