Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Authorize.net down

Why am I commenting about authorize.net and why do you care? If you are going to sell products online, you have to have a way of interfacing with your merchant account. Authorize.net is the big player, and is who several banks use for internet transactions. A fire in a data center, brought down their servers, which did not allow transactions go through. This is disheartening to say the least. Redundancy is at the core of internet transactions, and the fact that they were not able to fail over, have enough back up or none at all concerns me.

Because of this I will be checking out PayPal closer, as well as First Data and Chase Paymenttech for my merchant solutions. I think the silver lining is if you use a Yahoo ecommerce account you do not need the payment gateway, just not sure. Anyone else have experience with Chase or First Data?

Office Depot, Inc

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home