Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A real product

So I read a ton of sites and always search out more for entrepeneurs sharing their experiences starting a business. I think one of the more annoying things I see is what I consider, a real business versus a fake business. I think you know what I mean when you see people talking about, what feels like to me many times, a get quick rich scheme.

Don't get me wrong, I am working on an ebook as we speak, something that would add a lot of value to companies on the insurance side, but I am also working on a physical product. Something that needs to be created and built, where you have to think about its characteristics, how much it will cost and how much it will sell for.

You also have to figure out logistics and distribution. I would love to make millions from affiliate programs, but everyone does the affiliate thing. Give me an innovative product that actually fills the niche. Share your experience working with contract manufacturers, understanding tooling costs and designing your first site.

The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss does a pretty good job of this, especially in regard to physical products as well as "Virtual Products", but all the entries in his forums are about virtual products, ebooks and other things that in reality, involve less risk.

Does anyone have good sites for people talking about Products they have made? Do you run a site? If so I will put it in my useful links.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home