Saturday, July 18, 2009

Out of pocket - three weeks

I am at the airport right now waiting to board my flight. As you have noticed I have been a little sporadic with my postings lately as I help out friends and family. I needed a little break and a change of scenery, so my flight boards shortly to Hawaii.

As you work on your dream, there will be times when you are feeling not so confident about where you are going. Keep your mind clear and realize that with perseverence you will succeed. I have been feeling that way and just need a break right now.

Why did I decide to go to Hawaii now? Several reasons. First, like I said, I need a break and change of scenery. Second, I am doing it on the cheap. How you may ask? While I bought a coach ticket, my friend gave me a systemwide upgrade to first class. Not bad for a 10 hour flight.

Second, my girl has her apartment in downtown Honolulu, but also, because she is consulting on the Big Island, she has a condo by Kona that is paid for through the end of August. Needless to say, I am only paying for a hotel and car for the three days I am staying in Maui (and my girl has already paid for those).

What money I have left will pay for meals, since she has picked up the cost of most of our activities. I imagine this whole trip will cost me less then $2,500 and that is pushing it. The plans so far include:

Typical Oahu tour including Pearl Harbor
Spa and massage day - couples massage
Jet Skiing
Kayaking
Hot Springs
Coffee tasting - Kona
Horse back riding
Helicopter Tour
Swimming with Manta Rays

This is just a smattering what we are doing. I am trying to figure out if I can write off part of this trip. I met my girl since my last company had a subsidiary in Hawaii, and I used to work with her on the administration. I am also going to meet with some of the Insurance brokers there and do some networking. Finally, my girl is a power user of Quickbooks and will set me up with it on my laptop I am bringing.

Either way, I will try and post if and when I can but don't expect much for the next three weeks. Aloha!

Hot Offers (7.12- 7.18)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home